Dream Theater Awards and certificates
- RIAA gold and platinum certification
- Images and Words (Gold) – February 2, 1995
- Metropolis 2000: Live Scenes From New York (Gold) – November 8, 2002
- Live at Budokan (DVD) (Platinum) – January 26, 2005
- Live in Tokyo/5 Years in a Livetime (Platinum) – March 22, 2006
- Score (DVD) (Platinum) – October 11, 2006
- Keyboard Magazine
Jordan Rudess was awarded the following Keyboard Magazine Reader’s Poll award’:
- Best New Talent (1994)
- Burrn magazine’s best keyboards player of the year (2007)
- Modern Drummer
Mike Portnoy won the following Modern Drummer magazine Reader’s Poll awards:
- Best Up & Coming Talent (1994)
- Best Progressive Rock Drummer (1995-2006)
- Best Recorded Performance (1995 for Awake, 1996 for A Change of Seasons, 1998 for Falling Into Infinity, 2000 for Metropolis, Pt. 2: Scenes From a Memory, 2002 for Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, and 2007 for Score)
- Best Clinician (2000, 2002)
- Best Educational Video/DVD (2000, 2002)
- Hall of Fame Inductee (2004)
- Guitar World
The album Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory was ranked #95 on the magazine’s list of the 100 Greatest Guitar Albums of All Time.
- Total Guitar
John Petrucci won Guitarist of the year award (2007).
- Other recognitions
- At Dream Theater’s Salt Lake City show, Governor Jon Huntsman, Jr. signed a proclamation making July 30, 2007 “Dream Theater Day“.
- In December 2007, Dream Theater was chosen as Xbox Live’s artist of the month.
- Dream Theater’s music video “Constant Motion” was voted second in the Headbanger’s Ball 2007 competition.
- Dream Theater’s music video “Forsaken” was voted fifth in the Headbanger’s Ball 2008 competition.
- Dream Theater’s song “Panic Attack” off of their album Octavarium is featured in the video game Rock Band 2. Additionally, the song “Constant Motion” is downloadable content for the Rock Band series.
- The song “Pull Me Under” from the album Images and Words is also featured on Guitar Hero: World Tour.
- Since August 12, 2008 (Xbox 360) and August 14, 2008 (PS3), Dream Theater’s song “Constant Motion” has been available for download for Rock Band. For the first month, it was available for a promotional price equivalent to $0.99 USD, but later reverted to a normal $1.99 cost for Rock Band downloadable content.
- Dream Theater played twice on Xbox 360s Game With Fame event. They played Halo 3 in December 2007 and Call of Duty: World at War in June 2009.